Federal Grants Manager
Charter School Success’ (CSS) mission is to “Help Charter Leaders Succeed”. We do that through providing Business Office Support Services in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Federal Grants, and PEIMS, as well as offering various training platforms. We operate with compliance as our main outcome objective, doing so while providing unmatched customer service. CSS Federal Grants Managers are at the core of our Federal Programs services, also focusing on State Allotment Monitoring of Special Programs (PIC). They are responsible for assisting Texas charter school leaders and business officers in developing, applying for, implementing, and complying with all Federal grant and PIC programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Objective: Work off-site and on-site on an ongoing basis to support charters across Texas in all aspects related to Federal formula grants and PIC management.
- Support Texas charter schools in the development and monitoring of all formula federal grant and PIC program requirements
- Support Texas charter schools in annual development of the CNA and CIP, as it relates to Federal Grants and State Compensatory Education
- Provide federal grant application guidance, including the review and provision of feedback
- Keep up to date with changing laws and guidelines, and communicate these items to charters, ensuring continued compliance
- Guide the charter in the development and retention of all required documentation
- Report monthly on program activity and funds, including recommended amendments
- Serve as the expert and guide in answering grant related inquiries on allowable versus unallowable costs, etc., ensuring expenditure compliance
- Support the Texas charter schools in meeting ongoing report submission requirements
- Assess Federal programs for effectiveness and compliance as assigned
- Review and provide feedback on misc. grant applications as assigned
- Produce and maintain manuals and guides to describe the what and how-to of this job
- Research and write “Tip” correspondence relating to Federal and special program topics
- Research, develop, and present valuable training courses, live and/or online, related to Federal and special program topics
- Attend relevant professional development and extended learning opportunities
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Minimum of 5 years related administrative experience in a Texas public school system or Region Service Center
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A can-do, team-oriented personality
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time-management and task-management skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Ability to work remotely, independently (from home)
- Ability to travel frequently throughout Texas
- Access to a home office environment
- Stable, high speed internet access
- Experience using various applications within TEASE and TEAL
Accountability and Classification
In performing the above duties, a Federal Grants Manager is to follow and conform to all of Charter School Success’ policies and procedures. Timeliness is paramount, and deadlines imposed by CSS, the client, Texas Education Agency, Federal agencies and other governing organizations are to be met. It is also imperative that the Federal Grants Manager establish and maintain good relationships with their clients and to exceed the client’s expectations whenever possible, as customer service is at the core of the service we provide.
This position reports to the Federal Grants Director.
This position is classified as exempt, full-time. Compensation is commensurate with experience, starting at $65K annually.